After a year hiatus of our Summer Guard Camp in 2018 (due to the High School Construction), we decided we needed one more camp to see all of your smiling faces. Jennifer has previously organized/choreographed “Game Day” camps in Hillsborough County for numerous years… Welp, it’s time to bring one to Tarpon Springs!
Game Day Camp will be open to Tiny Tots (3 – 6, potty trained), Minis (7-10) and Juniors (Grades 6 – 8 only.) Your dancers will spend a Saturday morning with our staff and the High School Leadership Conservatory Dancers as they learn a routine together to perform at the following weeks Friday Night Football Game at Tarpon Springs High School. Sign up your children to perform with the High School Dancers on the Tarpon Springs Football Field under the Friday Night Lights! See below for more details/dates.
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 GAME DAY Camp
9am – 1pm at Tarpon Springs High School
Exact Location: TBD
- Students will learn the Fight Song Dance Routine
- Students will learn their own Dance Routine with their Streamers (TinyTots/Minis)
- Enjoy Arts & Crafts, Snacks and More!
Friday, November 2nd, 2018 GAME DAY
5pm – 9pm at Tarpon Springs High School
Exact Location: TBD
- Students will do a practice-run with the Band on the field
- Enjoy snacks before the Game
- Walk out to the field with the High School Dancers
- Perform the Fight Song with the Band/Guard on the Football Field (it’s also Middle School Night)
- Perform their Dance Routine on the Football Field with their Streamers (TinyTots & Minis)
- Sit in the stands with the High School Guard/Dance members through the end of 1st Quarter
- Students will head inside, where they will be dismissed to their parents at the start of the 2nd quarter (as the High School students need to get ready to perform!) You are welcome and encourage to take your child back to the football game to watch the Half Time Show featuring the girls/boys who just performed alongside your child! (Juniors will be dismissed at the END of the game, they will watch the HS students perform and go inside for Middle School Night activities) (Minis will be dismissed start of 2nd quarter) (TinyTots will be dismissed immediately after they perform during the Pre-Game!)
*Parents/Family/Friends will need to purchase a ticket to enter the Football Game. Not included in the registration fee. Typically 8th grade parents can attend a Conservatory Introduction meeting prior to the Game (as it’s middle school night) and that will enable you to take advantage of free admission. More details to follow.
What to Wear Sat & Frid…
- Wear black shorts and a white tank top
- White tennis shoes and white socks
- Have hair pulled back in a ponytail away from face
- NO JEWELRY
- DO NOT BRING any additional items (i.e. water bottles, toys, personal items, etc.)
Game Day Camp Fees:
$50.00 Game Day Camp (see below)
- Registration Deadline October 12th
- REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS BELOW
- Includes FREE T-Shirt
- Prior Dance Camp or Guard Camp Member – If you have attended our dance camp and/or guard camp in the past, you may register for $45. This discount will end on October 13th, the final day to register.
- Game Day Camp (Prior Camp Attendee)- $45
- Late Registration October 13th – October 20th… PRICE INCREASE & while spots are available:
- Game Day Camp- $60
Details from EMAIL:
- 2 Free Tickets for parents will be provided to you Saturday for Friday’s Game
- Parking on Friday is $5 and we cannot cover that, so please plan accordingly.
- Plan for 5:30 drop off at Cafeteria (eat dinner prior)
- Send with WATER
- Same required outfit at Saturday – pony, white tank, black shorts, white shoes
- We will do a dress rehearsal on the field at 6pm
- Walk to field around 7:00ish
- Perform PRE-GAME with the HS guard students, HS band & MS band students.. they will perform to the Fight Song and a special song that the Middle School band and HS band will play together.
- TinyTots will immediately go back to the cafeteria after their performance for parent pick up.
- Minis will sit in the stands with the high school guard students for the first quarter and be picked up by their parents at the start of the 2nd quarter in the cafeteria. You can enter back with them – but they are off the clock from us 😉
- Juniors will watch the halftime guard/band perform, then head inside for Middle School night activities during 3rd quarter, finish the game with the High Schoolers in the stands then be dismissed from the cafeteria at the end of the game
- If any of the pick up times are an issue – let us know NOW, so we can stick your child in another age group just for pick up.
- There’s a lot going on – it’s Senior Night for the Football/Cheerleaders, it’s MS night for the Band/Guard, construction… then there’s our camp 🙂 So, we are keeping our home base right in front of the cafeteria to make pick up/drop off as easy as possible.